Pycnogenol® is a registered trademark for proanthocyanidin, a complex of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus Maritima tree that grows on the sea coast of France. It is a powerful antioxidant studied in the treatment of diseases caused by free radicals such as: Alzheimer, Cancer, Macular degeneration, Glaucoma and Senility.
Pycnogenol should not be confused with grape seed extract which contains is oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC). They have a distinct chemical composition and synergistic antioxidants (synergists = can be combined to complement and reinforce each other).
Pycnogenol is absorbed into the body very quickly (about 20 minutes) and operates for up to 72 hours (with less effect as time goes on). Pycnogenol is particularly useful for repairing damaged organs from free radicals which are the most succeptibile to the aging process: vision, brain function, skin elasticity. Pycnogenol also has a protective effect of cellular DNA against free radicals. DNA damage leads to accelerated aging processes, cancer or chronic disease.
There is clear evidence that Pycnogenol can improve the circulatory system by strengthening capillaries and veins. Proved useful in preventing and treating chronic venous insufficiency, a condition that is manifested by itching, swelling of especially the legs, ulcers, endemic varicose veins. In addition, Pycnogenol prevented platelet aggregation that can result in the formation of blood clots.
Some studies indicate Pycnogenol is effective in relieving symptoms caused by allergies or inflammatory processes.
Pycnogenol works well in combination with: Vitamins A, C, E, Beta Carotene, Coenzyme Q10, Zinc and Selenium and of course it is synergistically associated with Grape Seed Extract.
Ingredients / vegetable capsule:
|ethanolic extract from the bark of the maritime pine (Pinus pinaster), with 65-75% procyanidins
|bulking agent: microcrystalline cellulose
|capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water
|anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate
Does not contain: lactose, eggs, artificial preservatives, yeasts, artificial sweeteners, wheat, soy, gluten, corn, genetically modified organisms, animal products.
Suitable for vegetarians / vegans.
Net weight e = 18 g
Recommended dose for daily consumption: take 2 capsules 3 times a day, preferably during meals or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
- For the benefit of the cognitive health it is recommended to use at least three months.
- Before using this product, ask your health care care practitioner for an advice: if you are being treated for diabetes, hypo- or hypertension and / or you are being treated with antihypertensive medicines, hypoglycemic medicines, immunosuppressive medicines, or if you have an autoimmune disease, if you have to undergo a surgery, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you have allergies to any of the ingredients.
- Keep out of reach and sight of small children.
- Do not use if the safety seal is damaged or missing.
- Keep away from heat and moisture in the original packaging.
- Do not exceed recommended dose for daily consumption.
- Dietary supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Factors Group of Nutritional Companies Inc., 1550 United Boulevard, Coquitlam, British Colombia V3K 6Y2C – Canada