Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that comes in two basic forms: vitamin A found in fish oil and beta-carotene which is a carotenoid found in plants known as provitamin A. Essential for many vitamin processes. It helps maintain vision and is particularly important for maintaining night vision.
Vitamin A is an antioxidant needed by the body to inhibit the formation of free radicals and to protect the body from cell damage. It is important for maintaining healthy skin and mucous membranes, supports immune function and helps in the development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth.
Deficiency in Vitamin A leads to dry skin with an aging appearance and leads to thickening of the skin on the soles and palms.
Natural Factors Vitamin A is made from cod liver oil, which undergoes a process called advanced molecular distillation to protect the oils during processing, while ensuring that there is no contamination with heavy metals or chemicals. Vitamin A is encapsulated in an organic flaxseed oil and vitamin E, for additional antioxidant protection as well as increased absorption.
Ingredients / softgel:
|Flaxseed oil / Linum usitatissimum semen
|Cod liver oil (fish) with 10000 IU vitamin A / 3000 µg RAE / 375% VNR *
|Softgel capsule: gelatin, glycerin, purified water
|VNR* – Nutritional Reference Value according to Regulation 1169/2011.
Does not contain: gluten, soy, peanuts, lactose, wheat, eggs, preservatives, artificial colors or sweeteners, sugar, starch, salt, yeast or genetically modified organisms.
The recommended way of use (only for adults): 1 capsule every two days, or as recommended by the health care practitioner.
Warnings and precautions
- Do not administer to people with allergies to fish or any of the ingredients.
- If you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or on medication, seek the advice of your health care practitioner before using this product.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of small children.
- Do not use if the safety seal is damaged or missing.
- Keep away from direct light, heat and humidity in the original packaging.
- Do not exceed recommended dose for daily consumption.
- Dietary supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Factors Group of Nutritional Companies Inc., 1550 United Boulevard, Coquitlam, British Columbia V3K 6Y2 – CANADA