The transmission of signals through different brain regions is accomplished with chemicals called neurotransmitters, in particular with serotonin.
5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is a metabolite of tryptophan and is a direct precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin called “the essence of happiness”.
5-HTP is also the precursor of melatonin hormone that regulates the sleep-wake cycle.
Serotonin levels have a direct influence on mood and sleep.
When serotonin levels are reduced for various reasons such as:
- daily stress,
- a sedentary lifestyle,
- poor diet and other aspects of everyday life typical of today, it determines the so-called depressive crisis or in other words depression.
This mental illness can be accompanied by physical aspects such as:
- insomnia or excessive sleeping;
- poor appetite or excessive appetite.
Supplementing with 5-HTP reduces the effects of a low level of serotonin in the brain. In fact, 5-HTP transforms into serotonin, but without the unwanted side effects of synthetic drugs. 5-HTP is a natural alternative, clinically tested.
The symptoms of a serotonin deficiency may be one or more of the following:
- obsessive behavior;
- persistent hunger;
- extensive withdrawal from others.
In several recent studies, 5-HTP has been shown to equal to or greater than synthetic drugs used to treat nervous depression. In a study in Norway, 5-HTP has been shown to improve sleep. Two studies in Italy and Spain, have shown that 5-HTP is effective against migraine from depressive background.
Effects of supplementation with 5-HTP:
- improves mood;
- leads to calm and confidence;
- which in turn induce relaxation and improves sleep quality;
- reduces or eliminates the headaches caused by stress and / or depression;
5-HTP is a standardized and concentrated, synthesized by modern pharmaceutical technology, from Griffonia simplicifolia seed, a plant from West Africa.