Calcium L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate is the bioactive form of folic acid.
Folic acid is an important vitamin for any woman who wants to get pregnant. Folic acid is part of the B vitamins and helps to prevent serious birth defects of the brain or spinal cord of a child (called neural tube defects) and other malformations such as the upper lip or the heart.
Folic acid is necessary very early in during pregnancy, usually even before a woman realizes that she is pregnant. It is therefore very important, that every woman that has a chance of becoming pregnant must consume enough folic acid, at least one month before pregnancy. An easy way to make sure you are getting enough folic acid is to take multivitamins. Folic acid also helps women after childbirth, stimulating lactation and protecting against intestinal parasites and food toxins.
Folic acid (vitamin B9) protects consumers from the risk of myocardial infarction and other heart disease. The substrate is represented by the decrease of homocysteine levels in the blood, a substance associated with heart disease, increased risk of strokes. On the other hand, folic acid stimulates the formation of red blood cells and leukocytes, meaning “re-refreshing” of the blood and immune system.
Folic acid helps us to be beautiful – gives skin a healthy look and cures some spots of discoloration; associated with other vitamin B-Complex delays hair graying. Folic acid also acts to prevent anemia.
The combination of folic acid with vitamin B12 and vitamin B6 increases the scope of this product with beneficial effect on the health of the circulatory system by reducing blood homocysteine (an element of abnormal thickening of the blood).
Ingredients / veggie capsule:
|Vitamin B6 as pyridoxine phosphate (equivalent to 1,375 mg pyridoxine)
|Calcium L-methylfolate (equivalent to 880 µg folic acid)
|Vitamin B12 – methylcobalamin
|Loading agent: microcrystalline cellulose
|Non-GMO vegetable capsule
|Anti-caking agent: silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate
*percentage of the Reference Nutritional Values according to Regulation 1169/2011
Does not contain:
- Gluten, soy, peanuts, lactose, wheat, eggs, citrus, preservatives, dyes or artificial sweeteners, sugar, starch, salt, yeasts.
- Genetically modified organisms (non-GMO).
Recommended way of use, only for adults: take 1 capsule daily or as directed by your health care practitioner. If you are taking other medications, take this product a few hours before or after them.
- Do not administer to people with an allergy to any of the ingredients, or if you are pregnant or breast-feeding!
- Before using this product, ask your health care practitioner for advice!
- Keep out of the reach and sight of small children!
- Do not use if the safety seal is damaged or missing!
- Keep away from direct light, heat and humidity in the original packaging!
- Do not exceed recommended dose for daily consumption!
- Dietary supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle!
NEW ROOTS HERBAL Inc. – 3405 F. X. Tessier, Vaudreuil – Dorion, Quebec, J7V 5V5, Canada.