Astragalus is one of the most complex herbs with a complex combination of polysaccharides, triterpene glycosides, flavonoids, amino acids and trace minerals.
Administered in therapeutic doses, Astragalus restores up to normal the number of T cells (a specific white cell form) in patients with cancer, AIDS, etc. Polysaccharides in Astragalus stimulate the cortical activity of the pituitary adrenal and restore the number of red cells produced in the bone marrow for Leukemia. It has also been shown that Astragalus stimulates its own production of interferon and is thus useful in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, hepatitis C, support for chemotherapy and the strengthening of immune function.
- antitumoral: breast cancer, kidney, liver, lung, prostate, ovary, bone, cervical, colorectal, endometrium, Hodgkin’s lymphoma);
- antioxidant: increases the antioxidant enzyme level superoxide-dismutase (SOD);
- antiviral: in case of Papiloma virus (Papilloma);
- immunostimulator: activates T cells and natural killer cells (NK = Natural Killer cells), increases the level of immunoglobulins, especially IgA, IgG;
- detoxifying: neutralizes toxins in the blood and the lymphatic system;
- antiviral, antibacterial: combats infections with bacteria, streptococci, staphylococci, viruses (influenza, herpes, Epstein Barr, Coxackie b3, HPV, hepatitis B and C virus);
- metabolic activator: Recommended for those with low metabolism, for example in hypothyroidism);
- Powerful antiedematous diuretic;
- kidney protector in diabetic nephropathy, chronic and acute nephritis;
- pulmonary protector in tuberculosis, fibrosis, bronchitis, asthma;
- cardiotonic in myocarditis and endocarditis;
- hepatoprotective: maintains the level of glutathione, increases interferon production in the case of hepatitis, especially hepatitis C, stops fibrosis, regulates transaminases, decreases portal pressure;
- brain tonic in neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, schizophrenia;
- vasodilator, anticoagulant, hypotensive: regulates capillary permeability, reduces the risk of cerebral ischemia, reduces blood pressure;
- strengthens the position of internal organs in uterine prolapse, anal prolapse;
- protects the body from the effects of chemotherapy: increases the number of red cells in the marrow, protects the adrenal glands;
- regulates blood glucose levels in diabetes;
- anti-anemic, antimalarial, anti-allergic;
- tonifies spleen in cases of splenomegaly;
- adjuvant in digestive disorders such as diarrhea, flatulence, ulcers, haemorrhages;
- male and female sexual tonic: increases sperm motility, treats impotence and frigidity.
Recommended way of us: 1-2 capsules a day or as per your doctor’s advice.