The most important role of selenium and most researched is is its antioxidant action, which protects the body against the effects of free radicals.
In case of selenium deficiency, the antioxidant capacity of the body decreases, which explains the various symptoms such as: increased susceptibility to cardiovascular or pulmonary diseases and also to the development of tumors, less efficient immune system leading to increased risk of illness and other degenerative changes related to this.
Selenium prevents or at least slows aging tissues. Neutralizes the effect of carcinogens, thus protecting the body from malignant diseases. It is very useful for maintaining secretory function of the pancreas and for maintaining tissue elasticity.
Selenium supplementation is recommended for women during menopause because it helps to relieve hot flashes and general malaise. Men need selenium in larger quantities because it concentrates largely in testicles and seminal channels. A large amount of selenium is lost by ejaculation. Selenium contributes to the prevention and treatment of dandruff. Acts synergistically with vitamin E. Their simultaneous administration has a much higher efficiency than when taken alone, helping to maintain heart and immune system functionality.
Roles and characteristics of Selenium
- Prevents pathogenic action of viruses.
- Enter in the composition of enzymes that act on glutathione, which protects cells against oxidative free radicals. In this case, it acts synergistically with vitamin E.
- Prevents formation of cancer cells.
- Slows down aging.
- Reinvigorates hair and skin appearance.
- Supports the immune system.
- Cleans the body of substances such as arsenic, cadmium and mercury.
- Prevents the formation of cataracts and heart muscle damage.
- Associated with reduced L-glutathione, selenium helps to detoxify the liver.
- Selenium plays an important role for the immune system.
- Selenium is an important mineral for prostate health.
- In men, selenium concentrates in the sexual glands and is expelled during ejaculation.
- Smokers, heavy alcohol drinkers and people exposed to pollution are threatened by free radicals and should inquire further regarding the supplementation with selenium.
- Elite sportspeople could improve their performance with a selenium supplement that will not exceed 100 mcg / day, with the doctor’s agreement.
|Ingredients / capsule
||Quant. / Caps.
|Selenium powder L-methionine 1% (containing selenium 100 mcg)
|Capsule: hydropropylmethylcellulose, water
|Loading agent: microcrystalline cellulose
|Anti-caking agent: magnesium stearate
|Anti-caking agent: silicon dioxide
VNR* = Nutritional Reference Value according to Regulation 1169/2011
Does not contain: gluten, soy, wheat, corn, eggs, dairy products, ferments, citrus, preserving agents, artificial flavors or dyes, starch, sugar.
Net weight e = 26,910 g.
The recommended administration (only for adults): 2 capsules once or twice a day, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Warnings and precautions
- Consult your healthcare practitioner before use if you have a history of skin cancer without the presence of melanoma.
- Do not exceed recommended dose for daily consumption.
- Dietary supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.