The extract of Ginkgo Biloba leaves is studied by pharmacologists around the world and it is used in many countries in different forms of presentation (tincture / capsules / tablets).
- Ginkgolides: A group of unique and specific substances of Ginkgo Biloba. Their main action is inhibition of PAF (Platelet – Activating Factor or platelet-activating factor) and the prevention of thrombosis.
- Bilobalides: A sesquiterpene with 15 carbon atoms, acts as a competitive antagonist of the receptor for GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid ). The main action is known as Neuroprotection.
- Vitamin C and Beta Carotene
- Organic acids (Kynurenic acid, shikimic acid, benzoic acid).
- Ginkgolico acid, with antibacterial activity against E- Coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus cereus and Bacillus subtilis.
Actions of Ginkgo Biloba Extract
1. Stimulates blood circulation: the Ginkgo Biloba phytocomplex is an efficient angio activator.
The resulting benefits are:
- At the arterial level it produces vasodilation.
- At the venous level it was observed an spasmolytic muscolotropo and firming tone (venotonic) effect.
- At the microcirculation level it was found an inhibition of capillary leakage caused by histamine and bradykinin.
- The vasodilator and the stimulation of blood circulation is remarkable especially at the level of small and medium-sized arteries and into the ends of the capillaries. It is also effective for the brain and extremities.
In the early 1980s, French researchers discovered an important fact that the extract of Ginkgo Biloba inhibited platelet aggregating factor (PAF). The potential anti PAF is particularly high since the Ginkgo Biloba is very rich in ginkgolides.
3. Improvement of rheological properties of the blood:
Reduces the viscosity of the blood by 10%.
4. Maintains the trophicity and integrity of the blood-brain barrier
This is due to the combined effects of Trophic Relationships and Vascular regulation, the Antiplatelet agents and antioxidants.
5. Protection of Neuronal Cells
- Improves the absorption of oxygen and glucose at the level of neurons, increases the synthesis of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate).
- Protects the structural and functional integrity of the neuronal membrane.
- Improves the speed of information transmission at the neuronal level by acting on the turn-over of mediators, increasing the density of synaptic receptors and accelerating the process of compensation.
- Since the memory depends on the transmission of nerve impulses, these mechanisms have an essential role in cognitive functions (including attention and power of concentration).
Its antioxidant components are especially flavonoids, vitamin C and carotenoids. They neutralize free radicals, prevent lipid peroxidation and the aging of mitochondrial DNA . The antioxidant effects are most evident at the brain level, retina and cardiovascular system.
7. Antidepressant, anxiolytic
- In general, patients with cerebrovascular insufficiency are susceptible to depression and anxiety, sleep disturbances and decreased mental function.
- It has been shown that the extract of Ginkgo Biloba is able to counteract the large chemical changes in the brain that occur during the aging process.
|Standardized extract from the leaves of Ginkgo biloba (EGb)
Containing a minimum of:
- 14.4 Mg of flavones glycosides (24%)
- 3.6 Mg of terpene lactones (6% )
|Ginkgo Biloba leaf powder
It does not contain: diary products, egg, yeast, preservatives, dyes and artificial sweeteners, wheat, soybean, corn gluten.