Pycnogenol is a registered trademark for proanthocyanidin, a complex of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus Maritima tree that grows on the sea coast of France. It is a powerful antioxidant studied in the treatment of diseases caused by free radicals such as: Alzheimer, Cancer, Macular degeneration, Glaucoma and Senility.
Pycnogenol should not be confused with grape seed extract which contains is oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC). They have a distinct chemical composition and synergistic antioxidants (synergists = can be combined to complement and reinforce each other).
Pycnogenol is absorbed into the body very quickly (about 20 minutes) and operates for up to 72 hours (with less effect as time goes on). Pycnogenol is particularly useful for repairing damaged organs from free radicals which are the most succeptibile to the aging process: vision, brain function, skin elasticity. Pycnogenol also has a protective effect of cellular DNA against free radicals. DNA damage leads to accelerated aging processes, cancer or chronic disease.
There is clear evidence that Pycnogenol can improve the circulatory system by strengthening capillaries and veins. Proved useful in preventing and treating chronic venous insufficiency, a condition that is manifested by itching, swelling of especially the legs, ulcers, endemic varicose veins. In addition, Pycnogenol prevented platelet aggregation that can result in the formation of blood clots.
Some studies indicate Pycnogenol is effective in relieving symptoms caused by allergies or inflammatory processes.
|Pine hydroalcoholic extract (Pinus pinaster)
|Anhydrous ethyl alcohol
It does not contain: dairy products, dyes, ferments, eggs, artificial preservatives, artificial sweeteners, wheat, soy, gluten.
The 30 ml vial contains 600 mg of Pycnogenol.
Recommended dose for daily consumption (orally, only for adults): 12 drops (1 ml), sublingual, 3 times a day during meal.
- The first 2-3 days (an increased dose): 30 mg / day (18 drops) for every 10 kg of body weight given in 3 intakes. (for example: at a weight of 60 Kg, 6 × 18 = 108 drops / day, ie 108/3 = 36 drops 3 times a day).
- The following days: 60 mg / day (total 36 drops) – 12 drops of 3 times a day with food. It can be administered sublingually where it is held for 20-30 seconds after which it is swallowed with water or juice.
- Do not exceed recommended dose for daily consumption!
- Consult your doctor before administering the supplement if you suffer from plaque sclerosis, lupus rythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis or other autoimmune diseases.
- Do not consume supplement in case of pregnancy or breastfeeding!
- Dietary supplements do not substitute a varied and well-balanced diet.