Also called the Miracle Mushroom, Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) has become an alternative remedy of preference for both doctors and herbalists as well as for those who are interested in managing their personal health. Its ability to prevent and treat cancer and other problems related to the immune system and overall health have led to its recommendation not only for therapeutic purposes but also as a preventive agent.
Originally from japan, Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) contains hundreds of active micro elements that act on the immune system making it an exceptional medicinal mushroom. Besides protein, vitamins and amino acids, polysaccharides, triterpens, fatty acids and alkaloids, Reishi is rich in various forms of beta-glucans (1,3D and 1,6D) and (GE-132) known for their anticancer and immune modulating effects.
Ling-Zhi variant known as Red Reishi, has proven to be the most rich in complex polysaccharides that give a strong anticancer therapeutic effect. Polysaccharides are organic substances such as beta-glucans which has been shown in clinical trials to activate anti-cancer active defensive components of the immune system.
What makes Resihi 5000 special?
Besides the super-dosage of polysaccharides with therapeutic power, by removing wood fiber and indigestible polysaccharide fractions via extraction through a complex manufacturing process, Reishi 5000 is 100% Bio-active, with maximum bioavailability and therapeutic efficiency.
Japan has included this mushroom in the list of treatments for cancer since in clinical studies it proved that it can:
- inhibit angiogenesis
- inhibit metastasis
- induce apoptosis (cancer cell death).
But the benefits of Reishi do not stop at cancer.
It has positive effects on blood circulation, serum cholesterol and glucose, on the aging process of the internal organs. Acts as a protector to liver cells, helps balance hormones, contributes to nerve cell regeneration has detoxifying effetcs etc. Therefore, in Japan Reishi is considered as a wonder of the natural treatments.
Why is it good to associate Reishi with vitamin C?
Polysaccharides are composed of a large number of molecular components and this creates problems of assimilation in the body. Vitamin C has the ability to convert polysaccharides in oligo-glucan which is easily absorbed by the body. Oligo-glucan activates macrophages which trigger the immune system. Macrophages devour any foreign organisms from the body.
|Ganoderma Lucidum extract – Ling Zhi
- standardized at 30% polysaccharides, equivalent to at least 5 g of micelium powder of Ganoderma Lucidum – Ling Zhi ecologically grown
|The gelatin capsule
Extract from at least 5000 mg of dried Reishi mushroom powder cultivated ecologically.
It does not contain: lactose, eggs, gluten, soy, wheat, corn, ferments, nuts, or artificial dyes, flavors and preservatives.
Recommended way of use
- Prevention and maintenance: 1-2 capsules daily between meals at least 3-4 times a week.
- Cancer treatment alone or in combination with other anticancer protocols: 2-6 capsules daily taken between meals (i.e. morning and afternoon).
- For more severe cases and under the specialist advice the dosage can be increased up to 9 capsules per day.
- Reishi, may decrease blood sugar levels, therefore patients with diabetes on medication should monitor their blood sugar levels.
- Patients with blood bleeding problems especially those with bleeding stomach ulcers will exercise caution in administration.
In cases of advanced cancers Japanese doctor Fukumi Morishige currently working at the Institute for Science & Medicine Linus Pauling recommended in some cases the association with high doses of vitamin C, we recommend Ester C (non acid powder form, 150 grams bottle) or intravenous administration of vitamin C injections.
Polysaccharide doses recommended by Dr. Morishige for different cases of cancer or hepatitis (at the time the maximum polysaccharide concentration was 5% and was called “essence”).
Below are updated concentration values of polozaharide dosage based on Reishi 5000:
- Brain Tumor: 4-6 capsules / day.
- Duration: minimum 2 months;
- Lung Cancer: 4-6 capsules / day.
- Duration: minimum 6 months;
- Advanced breast cancer: start with 6 capsules / day and increase the dose to 12 capsules / day + 10 g / day of vitamin C.
- Rectal cancer spread out to the liver: 4-6 capsules / day.
- Duration: minimum 6 months.
- Cancer in the pancreas: 6 capsules / day + 30g / day of vitamin C.
- Hepatitis: 3-6 capsules / day + 6g / day of vitamin C for 2-3 months. After remission, as hepatitis is a chronic disease, it continues with a maintenance dose of 1 capsule of Reishi / day + 2-3g of vitamin C / day.
For different cases of cancer similar dosages will be applied, basically 4-12 capsules of Reishi / day + 6-30g of vitamin C / day.
Reishi mushroom is also part of our Fortified Echinacea product, which we recommend as general immunostimulators.
Medicinal properties of Ganoderma
Ganoderma contains more than 200 active elements which can be divided into three categories:
- 30% of them are soluble in water;
- 65% organic soluble elements and;
- 5% soluble volatile elements.
- Strengthen the immune system;
- Balance the carbohydrates into the bloodstream.
- Reduces cholesterol and blood lipids;
- Prevents fragmentation of plaque that cause blockages in the blood system;
- Facilitates blood circulation in vessels blocked by deposits of lipids;
- Balances the metabolic rate and revitalizes the body.
- Strengthen the digestive system;
- Build protection against allergies;
- Reduce cholesterol and blood lipids.
- Ganoderma Essence
- Treats skin problems;
- Gives shines for the skin and softens the skin.
How does Ganoderma work?
Effects of Ganoderma on the body go through five stages:
- Assessment of health (1-30 days)
Ganoderma helps to detect hidden diseases and toxins in the body and works to regulate the body functions. During this process the body will show symptoms known as reflections. These reactions are not side effects but help us identify the problem area. This is the effect of the health assessment.
- Purification-detoxification (1-30 weeks)
Ganoderma is known as the master of eliminating toxins because of its ability to eliminate excess uric acid, lactic acid, cholesterol, fat deposits, dead tissue and toxins accumulated in the body. Toxins travel through the bloodstream and are removed via kidney and liver by urination and stool, through perspiration, phlegm and mucus.
- Regulation (1-12 months)
During the healing process more reactions can be seen. Do not be alarmed, this is a sign that the body heals. If the reaction is too strong, reduce the dose.
- Recovery (6-24 months)
Ganoderma will continue to repair damaged parts of the body and to strengthen the immune system against the disease by providing micro nutrients and vitamins essential for a quick recovery.
- Rejuvenation (1-3 years)
The ultimate aim of consuming Ganoderma is to maintain optimal body functions and rejuvenation.
Medical principles of Ganoderma:
Following clinical tests performed by dr. Shigeru Yuki, he proved that Ganoderma owes its effectiveness to its basic properties, namely:
- Lowers blood cholesterol and lipids.
- Lowers blood sugar level and restores pancreas functions.
- Decreases the lipid levels and stabilizes red cell membrane.
- Adenosine present in Ganoderma lowers the number of platelets in the blood and prevents thrombosis.
- Improves cortex and endocrine glands function thus maintaining the endocrine balance.
- Increases the natural healing ability of the body, helps the body to form a strong immune system.
- Prevents degeneration of tissue cells.
- Prevents the occurrence of senility by maintaining a state of youth.
- Reduces the side effects of antihypertensive drugs.
- Prevents the degeneration of organs.
- Prevents allergies caused by antigens by inhibiting histamine production.
- Prevents and treat cancer by inhibiting cell metastasis.
- Normalizes and prevents tissue degeneration.
- Prevents sudden death in cancer patients, due to embolism.
- Inhibits platelet thrombosis on the smooth walls that surround tissues and removes blockages due to cancer medication, increases the effect of these drugs.
- Relieves pain caused by cancer.